How to Clean a BBQ Grill – Learn the “Steam Trick”: Best Way to Clean a BBQ
How to Clean a BBQ Grill – Best Way to Clean a BBQ
1. Turn off and disconnect the gas bottle (propane tank).
Cleaning your BBQ grill2. Clean your BBQ grill while still warm. Use steam cleaning trick (below) to keep it warm while eating.
3. Brush and/or scrape your grill grates and hot plates to remove burned on food.
4. Use your dishwasher to clean your grates and hot plates.
5. Clean inside of grill with warm soapy water and a stiff brush.
6. Rinse off Teflon grill sheets.
7. Clean the drip tray by discarding foil and absorbent material.
8. Clean outside of grill with warm soapy water and a soft sponge.
9. Re-assemble grill grates and hot plates.
10. Replace drip tray foil and refill with kitty litter.
11. Re-position Teflon grill sheets.
12. Reconnect your gas bottle and check connections for leaks with soapy water.
13. Run the BBQ grill on high for 15 minutes to burn off any remaining soap or water.
14. Apply cooking oil to grates and hot plates to re-season.
Remember to be careful with painted and stainless steel surfaces.
Use non-scratch scrubbers, always test on a small area and follow the grain on any stainless steel.
“The Steam Trick”: Best Way to Clean a BBQ – Clean Your BBQ Grill While Warm
Most have heard that it is best to clean your BBQ while it is still warm, before everything has a chance to go rock hard.
But this means that it is difficult to actually enjoy your BBQ with your family and friends.
Use steam to make a BBQ easier to cleanHowever, there is a trick that lets you take your time and still have an easy time cleaning up later.
When you are done cooking, give the grill or hot plate a quick brush to remove the bigger pieces of food residue.
Then take an old pie tin or other metal baking tray, fill with water and place over one of the burners. Turn on just the one burner and only enough to make it slowly boil, and then close the lid.
Think steam cleaning here.
Don’t overdo it, as you want just enough steam to keep everything soft until you get a chance to clean it, which will be MUCH easier because the food residue has been loosened by the steam.
CAUTION! Live steam can cause scalding, so turn off the burner and wait a few minutes for the steam to dissipate before SLOWLY & CAREFULLY opening the lid.
Original Source Link